Monday, December 19, 2011

12/19/2011 Elder Christensen "The Spirit of Christmas is the Spirit of Christ"

Elder Tialavea and I... He`s GONE...........
Dear Friends and Family,


Wow.... Life is insane to be quite honest with you all. This whole thing is just breezing right by my face... This week, our group becomes the oldest group of Elders here which is mind boggling to me. Ugh. Anyone who has served a mission knows how I`m feeling..... just in a state of unbelief.


Elder Monsen and I....... Thank rella for the SWEET TIE!
 We`ve been working like crazy here both in the sector and in the zone. Our zone is really special.... We just have a really good mix of people that get along and work well together. This change we have a special iniciative from President King that is called.... "El Espiritu de Navidad es El Espiritu de Cristo"..... During this time of year, it`s SO important that we can remember Jesus Christ. My whole LIFE I`ve heard people say that... but I guess I never really understood it until now.... Now I know because I`m converted... Now I get it because I have come to know Jesus Christ and his gospel. But how can we remember him? What can we do to make this the best Christmas ever? Our initiative is a chain of scriptures in the Book of Mormon... It starts talking about the prophets and the prophecies they received about the coming of Christ... then it goes all the way from his birth to his death... really pretty cool.. We read this chain of scriptures with members and invite them to give away THAT Book of Mormon, with the chain already marked, to somebody special. Then its up to us as missionaries to go to the house of the person, sing a hymn, and start sharing the gospel. That is just an example. There are TONS of things that we can do to honor Christ and make this the best Christmas ever. You can pile up a bunch of money and go deliver sub for santa stuff... or you can take dinner to someone who you know is in need. I`d like to invite you all to pray in your families and think of something you can do. There is NO better time to preach the gospel than during the Christmas season. Even in Utah there has to be people that aren`t members. You return missionaries try to find someone who speaks your mission language! The opportunities are all around us.... thats why it is important that we pray so that we can be alert.
COMPLETOS! Our Pday Lunch

Runnin out of time here so I want to just share this last thing.... Mosiah 4:6-9......

6 I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the life of the mortal body—
7 I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for all mankind, which ever were since the afall of Adam, or who are, or who ever shall be, even unto the end of the world.

8 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.

9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend


Elder Clark and I after our divisions.....
..BELIEVE IN GOD.... believe in his son Jesus Christ... Tawny this is personal so I hope you don`t mind me sharing... We had a lesson yesterday with some members.... and I felt prompted to share this.. It doesn`t have a ton to do with Christmas until you really piece things together.... It talks about coming to a "Knowledge of the goodness of God"... as well it talks about the atonement and the plan that has been made for us. I shared with this family about your accident in Lake Powell Tawny... about Chase who passed away... the spirit was suppperrrr strong by the way..... then I went on to tell them that your testimony had been made strong because of that... You were converted even more to this gospel because of what happened to you. I remember once you also said.... " I dont know how people can live in this world without having this plan, without having a surety of what will happen tomorrow." WE have that surety... WE have that plan. We know our savior Jesus Christ.... During this special time of year, we need to make it known. We need to really push our testimony into the hearts of everyone. Whatever is to be done, it is to be done with the spirit.... Lets make this the BEST Christmas ever... and remember.. the Spirit of Christmas is the Spirit of Christ......

Me at the Ciber! Mom thats the Tawny tie....
Wore it in her end of mission honor
 I love you all. Elder Christensen

CHAOPO!!!!

0 comments: